Thursday, March 24, 2011

Progressive With My New Painting

Below are three photos of my progress of the painting "Egret In The Marsh At Assateague, Virginia"
The bottom photo to the right is the beginning of the painting. As you can see I have a long way to go.

It took many different coats of acrylic paint to get the background just right. Then I used gorilla glue, and modeling paste to build up the egret and some of the grasses. I painted the water. Using sand, I then built up the land pieces. After I sanded down the egret and the grasses, I started painting the grasses and the egret. When the painting was finished, I signed the painting and put two coats of varnish to preserve the painting.

Then I took a photo of the painting this morning without the frame. That is the top photo on the right.

The photo to the left is the painting with its frame.

The painting was done on canvas with acrylic paints, sand, gorilla glue, and modeling paste. It took quite awhile to do, but I certainly enjoyed producing this painting.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Marty, that's beautiful! You've done a wonderful job on it; I love that you added texture to your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty, I really like seeing the start of your new shorebird paintings. Grenville will be excited to see the sand had another use other than for the back patio. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great painting, and I loved seeing its progress from beginning to finish. That is a fascinating technique and use of materials. A winner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama-Bug, Beatrice, dellartist thank you for all your lovely comments. I am so very happy that all of you like my piece of artwork.

    ReplyDelete