Monday, March 28, 2011

Painting for my younger sister. "The Love Of Autumn"

My youngest sister wanted to buy one of my paintings. In all good conscience I could not sell her a painting. So I have decided to do a painting for my 3 sisters and two brothers to take with hubby and I when we go North to see them in June. Here is the painting for my youngest sister. It is somewhat like the one she wished to buy with the kind of frame that she likes.

The painting is watercolor on Arches 300# cold press watercolor paper. I hope you enjoy the painting as much as I enjoyed do the painting.
Since I am not a whiz at taking excellent photos of my artwork; my photos do not do justice to my paintings. I hope you can get at least an idea of what the painting is about.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marty, what a lovely thing to give your paintings to your family, which they will surely appreciate.I could see the image quite well. Taking photos of artwork can be difficult, especially if the art has been framed with glass - reflections can be quite troublesome. Sometimes, shooting at an angle can help lessen the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beatrice. My sister-in-law keeps a folder just for the paintings I send her through the internet. Thanx for the suggestion for shooting paintings. One thing I have learned, is try to remember to take a photo with the glass out. That is what I did for this painting. I do not always remember though. LYF, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifil painting and a thoughtful gift,too! The photo looks good also, and shows off that gorgeous frame. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dellartist. I enjoy painting for my family. I have been so busy painting for artwork to sell that I have not had time to do for the family lately. I just decided that I will take the time no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marty
    I like the painting. BUT that frame is too much for me. I wish i had some talent. Like being able to draw a straight line with a ruler!!!!!!
    Glad you liked teh Butt-erfly i sent ya.
    Grenville

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Negative painting on the trees Marty, take care, Diana

    ReplyDelete