Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Life's Triangles" - Acrylic on 300# Arches Watercolor Paper


"Life's Triangles"





I just framed this painting late last night. As I said at an earlier time, I am getting ready for a show this coming Saturday. Grenville and Beatrice will be at the show also. Grenville with his wonderful wood turning designs and Beatrice with her photos set into matting and the backboard to be framed. 

I wish was able to take better photos of my paintings. They just do not look that good in a photo. That is why you do not see the matting and the frame. Hope you like what you see.  Wish me luck for Saturday for my sales.

6 comments:

  1. Good Luck Marty! I like the painting above it's very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mama-Bug. I will let you know if I sell anything Saturday. As for the painting, I love doing abstracts. I have to concentrate on color more than anything else, and it is a nice change in my artwork at times. The colors are brighter in person. One day I will know how to take better photos of my paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see this up close and in person, Marty - very unusual and a new direction for you, it seems. Here is the link to Larry's website in which he talks about his wife, also an artists,
    http://ldburgus.blogspot.com/2011/02/tuesdays-prattle.html
    See you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Beatrice for both the compliment and the info for Larry's wife's blog. Every once in awhile I like to take a break from my regular paintings and try my hand at an abstract. It's fun to do. See you and Grenville Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everyone,

    I did not sell anything today at the show. Only a few people sold their wares. People are afraid to spend yet. I can't say that I blame them. These are trying times. Thank you for your positive thoughts. The season has just begun. I will hang in there.

    ReplyDelete